Our client is an award-winning independent firm of Chartered Accountants who have an extremely strong presence in Surrey and an exceptional reputation as being a good employer. They are now starting to recruit a Business Services / Outsourcing Manager to report directly to Partner level to support the team who work with the firm's clients who outsource their Finance function to the firm.
The clients are diverse and will include all those who are exempt from a Statutory Audit including Owner Managed Businesses, Partnerships and some clients who will require some general business advice.
Job Outline Main role and responsibilities include:
- Manage a portfolio of clients
- Assign work to accounts' team members (seniors/juniors) to ensure that staff are challenged in line with their development objectives, and that work is delegated as much as possible down to the most appropriate person in the team.
- Liaise with the client over a timetable for accounts work.
- At clients' premises and in the office, oversee progress and quality of work, advising and coaching other team members
- Ensure that relevant work is carried out to support the accountants'/assurance report.
- Finalise files for Partners to review, ensuring all client queries have been satisfactorily answered.
- Able to identify and research complex technical issues.
- Presentation of clear and concise working papers to explain technical issues and solutions / requirements for the assignment.
- Be up to date on all developments in the accounting forum and aware of the impacts on our clients.
- Able to make recommendations to clients to improve their accounting systems.
- Clear review points and prepare letters and bills for clients.
- Able to juggle own work and work under pressure to deliver accounts jobs in line with agreed timetables.
- Responsible for arranging own diary to enable successful delivery of accounts jobs.
- Manage and control job budgets
- Liaise with other departments (especially corporate and personal tax) to ensure that services to client are streamlined, effective and efficiently delivered.
- Act as a role model to more junior staff, and be available for technical / development support and advice to all staff on a day to day basis when you are in the office.
- Contribute to the development of the Accounts Team and strategy of the department.
- Contribute to marketing activities, eg. Social Media to develop the profile of the department.
- Attend networking events relevant to technical / sector specialisms, as well as general networking
- Qualified ACA or ACCA.
- Qualified by experience will be considered.
Key skills required:
- Must have experience of running a varied portfolio of clients
- Excellent working knowledge of up to date Accounting Packages
- Highly proficient use of Excel
- Excellent personal and communication skills with the ability to build strong internal and external relationships
- Good staff management/coaching skills
- A team player who is also comfortable leading a team
- Commercially astute and committed to developing the business
- Flexible and proactive approach
- Good time-management skills
Fletcher George is an accountancy and finance recruitment agency, acting as an employment agency. Please note due to the high volume of responses Fletcher George can only respond to relevant candidates for this role and aims to do so within a 48 hour time scale.