Connected | Experienced | Relationship-Based | Honest | Professional

LinkedIn ShareShare
More

Senior Accountant, Redhill

Our client is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their energetic and dynamic firm of Chartered Accountants in Redhill. The firm service a very impressive client base including local SME's and some high-profile national companies.  This is a smaller, independent firm that certainly punches above its weight and the Directors require an ambitious client facing senior accountant to join their practice, in order to continue their growth.

Key Responsibilities

Reporting to the Directors, this will be a key role within the business, offering lots of responsibility, but also plenty of autonomy.  You will deliver an excellent service to existing clients and be keen to win new business to further develop the portfolio.

It is envisaged that circa 70% of your time will be allocated to general accounting and advisory work and the remaining 30% focused on audit assignments.

The core duties will include:

  • Statutory Accounts Preparation
  • Management Accounts and business reporting
  • Planning and leading audit assignments
  • Corporation Tax
  • Business advisory work
  • Business Development

Skills and Experience

We are looking for candidates with a broad range of skills and experience.

  • It is essential that you have experience of both audit and general accounting work.
  • You will be either an ACA or ACCA Qualified Accountant or
  • Part Qualified ACA / ACCA with strong technical skills gained within a practice environment.
  • Experience of IRIS is desirable but not essential.
  • You will have a proven track record within an Accounting Practice.
  • You will enjoy managing a client portfolio and have strong organisation and communication skills. 

Salary and Benefits

The salary band has been set at £35-45k and will be based on skills and experience.

Standard working hours are 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday and the company certainly offer a healthy work/life balance. 

A fantastic benefits package is on offer and includes:

•             Bonus scheme

•             Parking

•             PHI

•             Life Assurance

•             Study support if required

•             Paid CPD courses

Location

The role is based in Redhill, Surrey and is commutable from Croydon, Crawley, Reigate, Leatherhead, Dorking, Sutton, Horley, East Grinstead, Gatwick and the surrounding areas.

Fletcher George is a Financial Recruitment specialist acting as an employment agency. Please note due to the high volume of responses Fletcher George can only respond to relevant candidates for this role and aims to do so within a 48 hour time scale.