Audit & Accounts Senior, Leatherhead
We have a superb career opportunity for an experienced ACA or ACCA Qualified Accountant to join a high-profile Accounting Firm in Surrey as their Audit and Accounts Senior.
This is a mixed Audit & Accounts Senior role, split into approximately 80% Audit and 20% Accounts, working closely with a wide variety of UK SME clients and a number of UK subsidiaries of International Groups.
You will be joining a very experienced and welcoming team of Audit professionals and it is important that you enjoy working within a highly professional Audit and Accounts environment and are committed to a career within a renowned firm.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Effective process and staff management of statutory audits and financial statement preparation; overall business advisory and attendance at client meetings.
- Planning, reviewing and managing audits.
- Review of statutory financial statements prepared under FRS102.
- Completing jobs with minimal supervision, to deadlines and within budget.
- Marketing, including prospect follow ups, organising and attending networking events.
- Trainee people management and development: holding regular meetings and assisting with objective setting and personal development.
- Assist with the management of WIP, monthly billing and debtors.
Required Skills & Attributes
- ACA or ACCA qualified (degree not essential) with a 3 years practice experience within Audit.
- Experience of substantive auditing, group audits, statutory financial statements and disclosures including consolidations.
- Solid understanding & experience of working with OMB’s and SMEs
- Demonstrate strong commercial awareness and advisory skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong client and team relationships.
- Deal confidently, effectively and fairly with both clients and colleagues.
- Ability to manage complicated projects and multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrate the ability to work within deadlines and budgets.
Salary & Benefits
The successful candidate will enjoy an extremely competitive package, which includes:
- agile working
- 25 days holiday
- generous pension scheme.
- The firm also offers continuous training in order to maximise the potential of each staff member.
The role is based in Leatherhead and is easily commutable from Dorking, Sutton, Epsom, Cobham, Guildford and Wimbledon.
Fletcher George is a financial recruitment specialist acting as an employment agency and aims to respond to all successful applicants within a 48 hour time frame.