Superb career opportunity for an experienced Payroller to join this high profile accounting firm based in Leatherhead, Surrey. The company has a strong UK and International presence and provides a growing number of clients with expert Payroll services and advice.
The role requires operation of the department’s UK payroll bureau involving weekly, fortnightly, monthly, quarterly and annual payrolls for a diverse range of clients.
Many of their clients have fully outsourced their payroll operations to them and the role involves all aspects of providing those clients with a first-class service.
As a Client Payroll Specialist your day to day work will encompass:
- Preparing client UK payrolls on a weekly, fortnightly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Incorporating payroll changes that have been notified by agreed cut-off dates
- Calculation of SSP, SMP, etc. where applicable
- Providing management information and reports
- Providing security payslips for each employee
- Assisting with the preparation and review of year end forms including P11D, PSA
- Responding to client payroll queries including in relation to terminations, share schemes, expenses / benefits and pensions
- Completing all RTI submissions to HM Revenue & Customs
- Extensive communication with clients, mainly by telephone and email
- Correspondence with HM Revenue & Customs on all matters affecting the payroll
- Supporting fellow team members with the delivery of their payrolls, when required
- Any other ad hoc project work or related tasks as required
Over time there will be an opportunity to develop broader skills, including advising on HR matters such as terminations, redundancies, maternity, etc.
Required Skills and Experience
The main criteria for any candidate applying for this position is a combination of strong payroll skills and sound knowledge of employment issues. They will be able to demonstrate that they have worked in an environment where it is necessary to deliver accurate information on a timely basis.
The successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and attributes:
- CIPP qualified
- Experience in UK payroll preparation and submission (including year-end processing), preferably within a bureau environment
- BACs payment experience
- Experience in dealing with PAYE issues and HM Revenue & Customs correspondence
- Clear written and verbal communication
- Ability to work under pressure and in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to multi-task and reprioritise workload in a calm and efficient manner
- Excellent IT skills, especially Excel and receptive to technology changes
- Experience of IRIS payroll system useful, but not necessary
Salary and Benefits
This is a super company to work for and is based in stunning offices. Joining a highly motivated team, the successful candidate will enjoy an impressive salary and benefits package which includes:
- Salary of £35,000 - £40,000 dependent on experience
- Life Assurance
- Private Health Insurance
- Some flexible and remote working
- Free parking
- Time off in lieu
- On-site gym
Fletcher George is a financial recruitment specialist acting as an employment agency for this position. We aim to respond to all successful applicants within a 48 hour time scale.