An experienced Payroller is currently required for a key role within an international accounting practice based in Leatherhead, Surrey. The company is very well established and high respected and has a growing Payroll services business. They represent a high volume of both UK and International clients and provide a Payroll Bureau service.
The role requires operation of both a UK payroll bureau and supporting the team with Expatriate payrolls and related matters.
Many of their clients have fully outsourced their payroll operations to them and the role involves all aspects of providing those clients with a first class service.
As a Client Payroll Specialist (Expatriate Tax) your day to day work will encompass:
- Preparing client UK payrolls on a weekly, fortnightly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Incorporating payroll changes that have been notified by agreed cut-off dates
- Calculation of SSP, SMP, etc. where applicable
- Providing management information and reports
- Assisting with the preparation and review of year end forms including P11D, PSA, Appendix 5, National Insurance Settlement Returns, Appendix 4 and Appendix 8
- Responding to client payroll queries including in relation to terminations, share schemes, expenses / benefits and pensions
- Dealing with client Expat payroll queries including in relation to chargeability to National Insurance / PAYE, tax protection and tax equalisation, shadow payrolls including modified payrolls under EP App 6 and s.690 directives
- Processing expatriate payrolls including for modified PAYE schemes
- Completing all RTI submissions to HM Revenue & Customs
- Extensive communication with clients, mainly by telephone and email
- Correspondence with HM Revenue & Customs on all matters affecting the payroll
- Supporting fellow team members with the delivery of their payrolls, when required
- Any other ad hoc project work or related tasks as required
Over time there will be an opportunity to develop broader skills, including advising on HR matters such as terminations, redundancies, maternity, etc.
Skills and Experience
The main criteria for any candidate applying for this position is a combination of strong payroll skills and sound knowledge of employment issues. They will be able to demonstrate that they have worked in an environment where it is necessary to deliver accurate information on a timely basis.
The successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and attributes:
- CIPP Qualified
- Experience in both UK and Expat payroll preparation and submission (including year-end processing), preferably within a bureau environment
- BACs payment experience
- Experience of dealing with PAYE issues and HM Revenue & Customs correspondence in relation to short business travellers to the UK and international mobile employees
- Clear written and verbal communication
- Ability to work under pressure and in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to multi-task and reprioritise workload in a calm and efficient manner
- Excellent IT skills, especially Excel and receptive to technology changes
- Experience of IRIS payroll system useful, but not necessary
Salary and Benefits
This is a super company to work for and is based in stunning offices. Joining a highly motivated team, the successful candidate will enjoy an impressive salary and benefits package which includes:
- £35,000 - £45,000 dependent on qualifications and experience
- Life Assurance
- Private Health Insurance
- Some flexible and remote working
- Free parking
- Time off in lieu
- On-site gym
Fletcher George is a financial recruitment specialist acting as an employment agency for this position. We aim to respond to all successful applicants within a 48 hour time scale.