Corporate Tax Manager, Woking
Our client, an independent firm of Chartered Accountants and Tax Advisers in Woking are seeking a Corporate Tax Manager for an extremely interesting Tax role in which you will manage a diverse portfolio of clients.
The firm has a proven track record in working with both private and corporate clients operating in the UK and internationally.
You will certainly feel the work is diverse and technically challenging in this role – much of the Corporate Tax work can compete with a much larger / London based firm and offers excellent renumeration to match.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The role of the Corporate Tax Manager will ultimately be to offer a full compliance and planning service to the client portfolio, covering all Corporate Tax work for the diverse portfolio of clients both in the UK and overseas.
You will be supported within a highly expert tax department and will work closely with the Partners to develop the firm's tax offering.
Initially it is envisaged that the Corporate Tax Manager will assume the responsibility of a Portfolio with a UK bias however there is so much scope to get involved with international clients.
A range of the work, whilst non exhaustive due to the diversity of the Portfolio, will include:
- Preparing and reviewing UK corporation tax computations.
- Monitoring reporting and payment deadlines.
- Working closely with audit and accounts team to advise on tax accounting entries and disclosures.
- Training and mentoring junior colleagues.
- Providing corporation tax compliance proposals and quotes to prospective clients.
- Managing any related correspondence with clients and HMRC.
- Identifying opportunities for tax planning, risk mitigation and cross-selling
- Assisting with any other ad hoc projects and duties as may reasonably be required.
- Complex returns including Capital Gains.
- Tax efficient remuneration schemes.
Skills & Knowledge
- You will have Corporate/ Business tax technical and practical knowledge.
- You will have strong communication and organisation skills.
Work Experience & Qualifications
- You will be a qualified accountant and/or CIOT qualified tax adviser with at least two years post qualification experience in a tax related role. ATT-only qualified individuals will also be considered with appropriate practical experience.
- You will have experience of working with corporate clients and managing compliance processes at a manager level. Experienced assistant managers or individuals looking to progress to manager level will also be considered and would be encouraged to apply.
- You may be working as a Corporate Tax accountant in Industry and wish to return to Practice.
- The firm will welcome applications from candidates who are currently working in a mixed Tax role or perhaps a mixed accounting and tax role and wish to make the move into an extremely interesting pure Tax role.
Salary and Benefits
An Excellent remuneration package of is offered for the right candidate. The salary band quoted is a guide and will be dependent on qualifications and relevant experience.
- £50,000 to 70,000
- Good pension scheme
- Income protection scheme
- 25 days holiday
The firm is based in Woking and is easily commutable from Guildford, Chertsey, West Byfleet, Leatherhead and surrounding areas.
Fletcher George is a Financial Recruitment specialist acting as employment agency. Please note due to the high volume of responses Fletcher George can only respond to relevant candidates for this role and aims to do so within a 48 hour time-scale