Commercial Financial Controller / Finance Manager is required to business partner with the Owners of an entrepreneurial business who are a luxury brand importing goods from Europe and Asia.
Hybrid working available.
You will be a Qualified ACCA, ACA or CIMA or equivalent who has experience and enjoys working in the privately owned SME company.
This is a professional and family run business, and the owners and staff have a huge amount of pride in the company, brand, and products. This is also a successful and positive environment in which to work.
So, a great opportunity to work in varied role, with plenty of autonomy and have an opportunity to work collaboratively and work closely every day with the main stakeholders of the business.
- Preparation of month end management accounts, including Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet and cash flow reporting
- Preparation of annual budgets and monthly forecast review with revised actuals.
- Supervision of one Accounts Assistant and the overseeing of the Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger, Cash Book, Fixed Asset and Stock functions using Navision.
- Managing and coordinating the month end process including the preparation of month end journals including payroll, depreciation, accruals, stock provisions and sales.
- Review of Gross Margins, Cost of Sales analysis and Stock variances, including monthly sales and order report.
- Monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations and review of P&L expenses against budgets and forecasts.
- Management of foreign currency requirements including purchase of forward contracts and Preparation and review of VAT, Intrastat and EC sales and purchase returns
- Preparation of draft statutory accounts and supporting audit schedules and liaising with external auditors
- Company secretarial matters including annual return and preparation of board minutes
- Ad hoc matters including leasing, annual business and insurance contracts HR and IT support
Based in the Weybridge area the role is commutable from Egham, Chertsey, Chobham, Sunbury, Weybridge, Walton on Thames, Esher, Sunningdale and surrounding areas.
- The role will ideally be office based, although working remotely one day per week will be considered.
- 23 days holiday
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Working hours are 9 to 5.30
Please do apply for this role and will be prompt to make contact where relevant. We aim to respond to all candidates relevant for the role within a 48-hour working period. Sometimes we may consider your application is more suited to other roles we have registered, and we may also consider your application for more than one role.
Fletcher George is a Leatherhead based accountancy and finance recruitment agency, acting as an employment agency. We specialise in placing candidates’ resident and wishing to work in Surrey and Southwest London. Our team have over 50 years of experience recruiting Accounting and Tax professionals in the local area.
We aim to offer all registered candidates a first-class service based on our local knowledge and specialist relationships.
Referrals are welcome – you can receive up to £500 of Amazon vouchers when we successfully place your referral, just make sure they mention you when they register. The full details of Fletcher George’s referral scheme are on our website.