Indirect Tax Director, Sutton
An exciting opportunity to work in a leading International Tax, Audit and Advisory firm; our client is looking to recruit at Directorate level for an Indirect Tax expert to join their inclusive and diverse organisation.
The firm really values its staff and rewards them with an excellent package and a superb working environment which is flexible and modern in its’ approach.
As the Indirect Tax Director, you will be part of the Indirect Tax leadership team, delivering high quality technical advice to the firm’s clients who include SMEs, entrepreneurial high growth businesses, Private Clients and larger Groups based both in the UK and Internationally.
Role & Responsibilities
This role could suit a client facing Director or experienced Senior Manager with strong relevant technical expertise including all Indirect Tax matters, experience of business development and excellent leadership skills seeking a progressive opportunity.
You will be responsible for the delivery and billing of client work and the following:
- You will be the client's main point of contact, providing relevant technical advice on a range of indirect tax matters whilst being compliant with risk management processes through all stages of assignments and ensuring that clients are fully satisfied by the service and support that they receive.
- You will produce technical work, conveying key points to clients and stakeholders and provide technical input to tax-wide projects within the practice.
- Assist with business development by identifying new opportunities in both indirect tax and other service lines.
- Contributing to the senior team with ideas on management, projects, strategy and focus.
- You will raise the profile of yourself, the team and the firm by writing thought leadership articles and speaking at events.
- Guide junior staff in researching and producing work that meets the firm's commitment to quality, whilst also supporting the Partner.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- CTA qualified with substantial experience and expertise in all technical VAT matters.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and client handling skills and be skilled at developing new client contacts and contacts in the wider market.
- You will be highly proficient and enjoy starting and nurturing relationships with a wide range of clients as well as guiding and supporting junior members of staff.
Salary and benefits
You will enjoy a healthy work life balance in a forward-thinking firm which rewards their staff well with an extensive benefit package to include but not limited to:
- Generous Pension and holiday allowance
- Ongoing CPD
- Private Healthcare
- Life Cover and Income Protection
The role is based in Sutton, Surrey in a good location for drivers and also for transport links and is commutable from Kingston, Croydon, Redhill, Leatherhead and SW London.
Fletcher George is acting as an Employment Agency and we aim to respond to all candidates relevant for the role within a 48 hour working period.