Management Accountant / Bookkeeper in Worthing, East Sussex
Our client is a hugely successful Accounting Firm that continues to grow rapidly and now has a network of UK offices.
They now seek an experienced Management Accountant / Bookkeeper to join their professional Outsourcing Team in Worthing. If you have a strong background in practice and are now looking for a long term career move in a flexible and friendly environment this could be the role for you.
Key responsibilities are:
- reviewing day to day bookkeeping for a portfolio of clients including limited companies, and charities
- preparing monthly management accounts to a high standard
- dealing with client queries as and when they arise
- managing own flow of work
- preparing and filing VAT returns for various VAT schemes
- attending client premises, where necessary, to undertake bookkeeping role on-site which includes preparation of management information for clients
- providing training to clients on various packages and bookkeeping skills as required
- supporting colleagues with accounts work when required including preparation of statutory accounts and corporate tax returns, would be an advantage
- training and supporting apprentices with general bookkeeping skills
- As the role may require you to travel to client premises you must hold a current driving licence and have your own transport.
Knowledge & Experience:
- recent experience in Practice
- AAT Qualified, ACCA studier, ACCA Qualified and Qualified by Experience applicants will all be considered
- good working knowledge of cloud-based accounting software
- hands-on, diligent and demonstrates excellent client interpersonal skills
- team player with a strong work ethic and drive
- ability to work well under pressure to tight deadlines
- competitive market rate salary
- pension scheme
- life assurance
- 23 days annual leave (exc BH) – increasing by one day per year up to a maximum of 28 days
- opportunity to purchase additional holiday days
- 9 day working fortnight
- free car parking
- access to our corporate reward scheme
- employee assistance programme
- opportunity to develop your skills and progress within the Firm
- relaxed and friendly working environment
Fantastic opportunity for a Public Practice professional to join this an ambitious firm.
Commutable from Brighton, Worthing and Horsham in Sussex
Fletcher George is a financial recruitment specialist acting as an employment agency. We aim to contact all successful candidates within a 24-hour time-scale.