Senior Accountant with future progression, Dorking
Are you a senior accountant looking for a long-term strategic move with a pathway to Partnership over the next few years?
Our client, a privately owned firm of Chartered Accountants in the Dorking area of Surrey are seeking an entrepreneurial ACA or ACCA qualified Senior Accountant to take control of a portfolio and whilst at the same time assisting in the growth of the firm.
Many of the firm’s clients are based locally and a significant number are in London, which includes some Groups of a considerable size. It would be true to say the firm do punch above their weight when you consider the size of some their clients.
You will join a highly motivated and professional team and be based in offices central to a strong business community. Initially the role will be that of Client Manager and will include the following:
- Advisory work to an existing portfolio of clients
- Statutory Accounts Preparation
- Review of the work of the team in the Audit and Accounts department
Skills and Experience
- You will have the ability to build long term business relationships with a diverse client base – it is likely you will have enjoyed working for a good independent firm of accountants or a regional office of a larger firm or wish to step away from London.
- You will enjoy working with a high level of autonomy.
- You will be a career driven ACA or ACCA Qualified Accountant with some relevant years of Post Qualifying Experience and the desire to achieve your Practising Certificate and become a RI.
- You must enjoy client facing work and be comfortable to attend new client meetings and work closely with the current client base.
- The firm have several significant Audits and up to date experience in this area is important.
- You will have strong and up to date technical knowledge.
Salary and Benefits
This position presents genuine future promotion opportunity with a path to Partnership and with it, a significant rise in earning potential over the next to two to five years.
A highly competitive starting salary of between £55k - £80k (dependent on skills and experience) with a benefits package to include:
- Car parking space.
- A healthy working environment which supports a good work/life balance.
This role is based in the Dorking area of Surrey and is easily commutable from Sutton, Redhill, Reigate, Epsom, Leatherhead and surrounding areas.
Fletcher George is a Financial Recruitment business which acts as an employment agency. We welcome all relevant applications to the above role and specification and Fletcher George will respond to relevant candidates for this role within a 48-hour timescale.