Our client is an independent and very successful firm of Chartered Accountants based in SW London with an impressive client base from the London area. The firm have a diverse Tax portfolio to include High Net Worth Individuals (HMWI's) and also the Directors of entrepreneurial Owner Managed Businesses and Groups of companies.
The Partners seek to appoint a Personal Tax Manager / Assistant Manager who will oversee a portfolio with a Personal bias, be competent to identify Tax Planning opportunities , allocate some compliance work, enjoy extensive client liaison as the firm pride themselves on being client facing.
The role will suit a technically minded individual looking for a varying and challenging role at a senior level; someone who really would like to work for an independent firm so understands the importance of retaining close client relationships. All the Partners in the firm have themselves trained and worked in the Top 10 and/or Top 20 and enjoy working with Directors of Owner Managed Businesses.
The role will have a portfolio of around 200 clients, a fair proportion of whom will be technically challenging. Other elements to the role will include:
- Reviewing Tax Returns prepared by others.
- Liaising with the firm’s Corporate Advisory Team and assistance with personal Tax Returns as required.
- To manage certain aspects of the department and report to the Tax Partner and/or the board
- Assistance with new business development. The firm is growing fast and attracts new business at a healthy rate. Assistance will be required in attending New Business Development meetings with prospective clients, drafting quotes and arranging engagement letters and the on boarding of clients.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
- Oversee the relationship at manager/assistant manager level to ensure that all services are being provided to the highest standards.
- Manage responsibility for day to day requests and queries.
- Liaise with Partners on salient matters such as those requiring a technical review/appraisal.
- Liaise with the Corporate Advisory Team to ensure that owner-directors’ affairs are tax-efficient.
- Liaise with the Practice Manager to ensure that invoices are raised for agreed amounts on a timely basis.
- Provide technical reviews and support for the tax team.
- Assist with job planning and budgeting
- Liaise with Partners regarding resourcing.
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- CTA qualified or ACA/ACCA with 5 years personal tax experience.
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and concisely with clients.
- Team leadership experience.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements
- Interest in non-domiciles
- Confidence to research answers to queries and present solutions to Partners.
Fletcher George is a Leatherhead based financial recruiter. We specialise in placing candidates resident and wishing to work in Surrey and South West London. Our team have over 50 years of experience recruiting Accounting and Tax professionals in the local area.
We aim to offer all registered candidates a first class service based on our local knowledge and specialist relationships.
Please do apply for this role and we will assess your suitability for the role and will be prompt to make contact where relevant. Sometimes we may consider your application is more suited to other roles we have registered and we may also consider your application for more than one role.
Fletcher George is acting as an Employment Agency and we aim to respond to all candidates relevant for the role within a 48 hour working period.
Referrals are welcome – you can receive up to £500 of Amazon vouchers when we successfully place your referral, just make sure they mention you when they register. The full details of Fletcher George’s referral scheme is on our website.